How can I become a committer
First of all you need to get involved and Contribute via the mail list, forums, edit the documention, work on the issue tracker and submit patches.
Once you're contributing and your work is good, one of our Team may invite you to be a committer (after we've called a vote). When that happens, if you accept, the following process kicks into place...
Note that becoming a committer is not just about submitting some patches; its also about helping out on the development and user Discussion Forums, helping with documentation and the issue tracker.
Becoming a committer steps
- Download and print the Apache Contributor License Agreement from here. You need to sign it and fax it to Apache. In the past I've found its often faster to also post it via snail mail :)
- wait for your name to appear on the list of received CLAs
- once thats done let us know and we can apply to Apache Infrastructure to have your account created; we'll also need to know
- your full name
- your preferred email address
- your preferred unix account name
Getting started at Apache
Firstly add yourself to the Team page
Now go read the instructions on the new committers guide. Its also worth viewing http://www.apache.org/dev.
Enabling your SVN account
Once you've got your Apache account working you need to enable SVN access; See this document for details of using svnpasswd
You should follow this guide to setup your EOL settings.
Getting Karma in JIRA and Confluence
Mail the dev list and ask for karma for JIRA / Confluence giving them details of your username you used to register with them both. We can then grant the necessary karma so you can start grabbing JIRA issues or editing the wiki