Eclipse Integration for Karaf (EIK)
Apache Karaf EIK (Eclipse Integration for Karaf) is the integration of the Apache Karaf
container and the Eclipse IDE.
Notable features include:
- Custom Eclipse perspective for Apache Karaf development:
- places valuable Karaf runtime information in one location
- Apache Karaf installation management in your workspace:
- Karaf installations are managed as workspace projects giving the developer visibility in to the runtime
- each Karaf installation is automatically synchronized with your workspace, including additional bundles, configuration files
- Run and debug Karaf installations with a single Eclipse Launcher:
- the launch configuration allows developers to fine tune how Karaf will launch
- Automatic deployment of workspace plugin projects:
- create plugin-projects and have them deployed automatically
- Advanced instrumentation of the running Karaf instance:
- watch bundles deploy in real time and examine the OSGi service registry from within the Eclipse IDE
- Access Eclipse platform IDE plugins from within a running Karaf instance:
- all Eclipse plugins are presented as an OBR
Download the EIK repository zip archive from Central.
For instance, download:
Uncompress the repository zip archive on your system, in the folder of your choice.
In Eclipse, pick up this folder in the following menu:
Select Help > Install new software > Add.. > Local...